Tech Care for All a digital social impact healthcare company- brings together key healthcare stakeholders to the conference: “Future of online continuous medical education (CME) in India” on 1st July 2021, National Doctor’s day.
Over the years education system is always delivering CME onsite. But pandemic has brought lot of changes in the way of working. This conference will be a one-stop platform for leaders, visionaries, and policymakers from the public and private esteemed organizations from the healthcare industry who will throw light upon various aspects of the healthcare ecosystem and will develop upon how the healthcare domain is moving towards the online continuous medical education (CME) in India.
The conference will give an example of an opportunity where the healthcare leaders can plan and develop a shared vision of how digitalization can be used to capture value. Key Participants:
• Key stakeholders of pharma companies
• Key stakeholders of Med device companies
• Top Officials from Medical associations
• Chair Persons/MDs/CEOs of Hospital chains and corporate hospitals
• CIOs of hospital chains and corporate hospitals
• Heads of Hospital Supply Chain and Procurement Division
• Heads of Healthcare Foundations and Large NGOs
• Heads of Diagnostic Centres
• Health Insurance Companies
• Medical Device Companies
• Other Key Healthcare Stakeholders
• Key opinion leaders
Introduction and Inauguration of the event.
Session 1: How MLH has supported digitalization in healthcare - TC4A leaders
Session 2: How technology is bridging the pharma HCP gap: Online CME & its future - Mylan Pharmaceuticals.
Session 3: How technology is shaping the future of Surgical training & connecting surgeons in remote locations. (Online Surgical trainings experiences Vs Onsite) - Ethicon
Session 4: How is MAX Centre of Excellence addressing the shift from onsite to online professional training: Challenges and solutions - MAX Hospitals
Session 5: How medical associations spread awareness during the pandemic and the future of online clinical experience sharing. Challenges and solutions - IMA National