Kenya Medical Association (KMA) was founded in 1968 and incorporated in 1973.
It is a national association of doctors and dentists and is mandated by its members to promote the quality practice of medicine in Kenya holding a strategic position in health sector policy by being in membership of national decision-making boards for the practice of medicine and the protection of patients in Kenya. KMA is using its national professional reach as the only sector player where professionals can bring their input for personnel matters.the Association has grown in stature and scope into a high profile player and partner in many sectors of national development, at policy level as well as in operation of services directly and indirectly related to health.
To be Leaders in engaging Medical Practitioners and Voice for provision of highest standards of Healthcare in Kenya and beyond.
Championing for the welfare of Doctors and Quality Healthcare in Kenya.
• To promote the practice of medicine in Kenya
• To uphold high standards of medical ethics and conduct
• To advise the Government, other medical bodies and the general public on matters related to health
• To promote the welfare of doctors
• To maintain the honor and interests of the medical profession
• To support Continuing Professional Development (CPD) through periodic publications, seminars and scientific conferences
• To liaise with other medical associations around the world