After clicking "Book Now" and submitting your email address, you will be redirected to the GE Healthcare website for registration and payment. ACOG certificates are available directly from GE Healthcare website after successful course completion.
Providing optimal breastfeeding support for women choosing to breastfeed is an integral part of maternity and postpartum care. Knowledge about how to support and manage breastfeeding is important in helping women to reach their breastfeeding intention goals.
By the end of this course, the learner should be able to do the following:
1. Identify ways to incorporate breastfeeding support into prenatal care.
2. Demonstrate how to implement breastfeeding supportive maternity practices into the hospital and birth setting.
3. Explain how to provide breastfeeding supportive care in the lactating woman.
1. Prenatal support
2. Intrapartum and early postpartum supportive care practices
3. Special circumstances
4. Postpartum care supportive practices
5. Medications and contraception
6. Case scenarios