Welcome to the recorded session of “Colorectal Surgery: Laparoscopic low anterior resection”
Module 1: (00:03:50- 00:07:16) Dr Vineet Agarwal moderated the session, he introduced all the panelists and explained the flow of the webinar.
Module 2: (00:07:30-00:18:46) Dr Subhash Mishra explained about preoperative preparation and important steps. He started his presentation and explained in brief about:
· Preoperative evaluation: Which included history, investigations, choice of surgery, approach, contraindications to laparoscopic surgery
· Preoperative preparation: Dr Mishra in detail explained about the ERAS protocol
· Intraoperative phase: Dr Mishra covered about Anesthesia, fluid management and infection control
· Postoperative phase: Early mobilization, post op medicines like analgesia, antiemetics and diet was covered in this session
· Important steps: At the last Dr Mishra explained about the important steps to be covered during the surgery.
Module 3: (00:18:54-00:24:32) Dr Rajkumar Gupta continued the session and he explained about LAR, OR set up and patient positioning. He explained in brief about:
· OR Setup: Dr Gupta explained about room layout, positioning of OR table, positioning of patient, monitoring the position
· OR team positioning: The positioning of anesthesiologist, operating surgeon, nurse, camera assistant, and main screen was explained.
· Port positioning
Then Dr Gupta briefed the participants with the case Dr Bhojwani was operating.
Module 4: (00:25:20-02:56:31) Dr Vineet Agarwal moderated the session, Dr Bhojwani demonstrated the case and explained the minorities of the surgery. Throughout the session Dr Bhojwani was interacting and answering the questions received during the session. Dr Bhojwani explained the complete procedure step by step and the safety to be taken to avoid fistula and other injuries. The session was ended by raising a poll and sharing thank you notes by all the panelists.
We look forward to your participation and an interactive learning session. We thank SIDSS Hospital, Jaipur and Ethicon for making this session possible.