Module 1- Welcome note: Dr Shubhi Kulshrestha (PT) from Medical Learning Hub welcomed the participants and the speakers Dr Salil Bhargava and Dr Radha Munje, describing the general instructions and the first poll was raised.
Module 2- Clinical challenges to treat TB & MDR TB: Dr Radha Munje, Prof and HOD, Department of Respiratory medicine, IGGMCH, Nagpur started her session on challenges in implementing DR-TB services. Key point discussed by her were:
- Drug resistant TB suspect
- Nucleic Acid Amplification test
- Lab diagnosis of DR-TB
- NAAT cartridges
- Unlabeled specimens
- Specimen sent without test request ID in Nikshay
- Delay in diagnosis of DR TB
- Treatment regimen in DR TB
- Pre-treatment counselling
- Replacement sequence
- Challenges at administrative level, treatment provider level and patient level
Module 3- Side effects of TB & MDR TB: Dr Salil Bhargava, Head of Department Respiratory Medicine MGM Medical College Indore shared his views on Adverse effects of anti-TB drugs. The key points discussed by him were:
- Drugs used in treatment of drug sensitive TB
- Adverse effects of ISONIAZID
- Adverse effects of rifampicin
- Second line anti-TB drugs
- Common adverse effects of DR TB
- Adverse effects of second line anti TB drugs
- Principles to manage adverse effects of ATT
Module 4-Q &A session- Several questions were asked during the session which were all answered by the speakers, Dr Radha and Dr Salil.
Module 5- Vote of thanks- After Q&A session vote of thanks was shared by Dr Ridima Kamal from Medical learning Hub and second poll was raised.
We wish you a great learning experience and we thank Mylan Pharmaceuticals Private Limited, a Viatris Company for supporting us in the webinar.
Speaker 1: Side effects of TB & MDR TB; Dr Salil Bhargava, Head of Department Respiratory Medicine MGM Medical College Indore
Speaker 2: Clinical challenges to treat TB & MDR TB, Dr Radha Munje,Professor and Head, Department of pulmonary, IGGMC President Vidarbha Chest Association
Q&A session: Panelist
Vote of Thanks