Medical Learning Hub welcomes you to a live clinical experience sharing webinar on the topic “Covid-19 - Surgeons view and Use of Remdesivir in Renal and Hepatic Dysfunction”
Module 1: The webinar began with the introduction of the speakers. A pre-poll was raised and attempted by the delegates. The flow of the webinar was explained.
Module 2 : ( 8:00) Dr. Revanth Gangasani Reddy: Covid-19, Surgeons Point of View
• Dr. Revanth discussed the Covid-19 in brief. He explained the necessity for a surgeon to be aware of the preventive measures during procedures.
• Death of health care workers and correlation to lack of preventive measures explained.
• Protocol for prevention established by American College of Surgeons, Royal College of Surgeons of England, Society American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons and Ambulatory Surgery Center Association discussed.
• Dr. Revanth explained the protocol for prevention of transmission during COVID-19 in detail established by The Association of Surgeons of India. General instructions for surgeons during procedure and categorization of patients with respect to necessity discussed.
• The types of PPE to be used according to different services, exposure, and place in the hospital discussed
• Recommendation's on surgical practices for postponement of surgeries discussed
• The risk of various types of surgeries discussed
• Post-surgery complications and diagnosis explained
• The protocols before during and after surgery and forms used at the hospital discussed and explained
• Type of preferred anesthesia and Doffing - Donning sequence discussed
Module 3 : (44:00 ) Dr. Vajrapu Rajendra Use of Remdesivir in Renal and Hepatic Dysfunction
• Dr. Rajendra described in brief Remdesivir and its use and required renal and hepatic tests reports requirements
• Pharmacokinetics of Remdesivir was described with respect to renal excretion and breakdown
• Acute kidney injury (AKI) resulting in COVID-19 described and indications to use remdesivir in AKI and post-renal transplant patients discussed
• Dosage of Remdesivir in extracorporeal circuits explained
• Dosage and use of Remdesivir in patients with liver dysfunction discussed in relation to laboratory results
• Liver injury resulting in COVID-19 described and indications to use remdesivir
Module 4 : ( 1:13:00) The webinar concluded with an interactive question-answer session followed by a post-poll and vote of thanks.
We thank Viatris for making this event possible and we wish you all a great learning experience.