After clicking "Book Now" and submitting your email address, you will be redirected to the GE Healthcare website for registration and payment. ACOG certificates are available directly from GE Healthcare website after successful course completion.
Endometriosis is the presence of endometrial glands or stroma outside the uterine cavity.
After completing this course, you should be able to
1. Identify the signs and symptoms of endometriosis.
2. Recognize the different types of endometriotic implants.
3. Explain the differences in primary dysmenorrhea and endometriosis in adolescents.
4. Discuss the rationale for medical versus surgical treatments.
5. List the evidence that endometriosis causes infertility.
6. Identify risk factors in patients for endometriosis.
7. Explain the biology of endometriosis and alterations in the immune system.
8. Discuss hypotheses of how endometriosis causes pain or infertility in women with the disease.
9. Describe long-term management strategies.
10. Discuss the potential for prevention.
1. Overview and historical perspectives
2. Etiology and origins of endometriosis
3. Biology of endometriosis for the generalist
5. Risk factors
6. Signs and symptoms
7. Diagnosis of endometriosis
9. Treatment of endometriosis
10. Endometriosis and cancer