Infectious Disease in Gynaecology and Obstetrics - II
After clicking "Book Now" and submitting your email address, you will be redirected to the GE Healthcare website for registration and payment. ACOG certificates are available directly from GE Healthcare website after successful course completion.
The ACOG eModule: Infectious Diseases was developed specifically as a learning resource for the practicing obstetrician–gynecologist. This second part of the course deals with diagnoses, treatment, and management of infection of Group B Streptococci (GBS), intraamniotic infection, and lactational mastitis.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
1. Explain the epidemiology, clinical significance, pathophysiology, and epidemiologic risk factors of GBS of Group B Streptococci (GBS).
2. Identify the various methods of detecting GBS and other organisms; and the management of GBS in pregnancy.
3. Describe the clinical significance, epidemiology, pathophysiology, screening and prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of intraamniotic infections.
4. Explain the pathophysiology, diagnosis, management, and emerging issues and controversies of lactational mastitis.
1. Group B Streptococci (GBS)
2. Intraamniotic Infection
3. Lactational Mastitis