After clicking "Book Now" and submitting your email address, you will be redirected to the GE Healthcare website for registration and payment. ACOG certificates are available directly from GE Healthcare website after successful course completion.
Myoma means fibroid, and the term for the disease is Leiomyomata. This disease is typically diagnosed in mid-to-late reproductive years. This disease can be asymptomatic or it can be present with bleeding or pain.
After completing this course, you should be able to
1. List the epidemiologic risk factors and known mechanisms of development for uterine leiomyomas.
2. List the indications, benefits and risks, efficacy, and side effects of medical therapy, surgical intervention, and uterine artery embolization for symptomatic leiomyomata.
3. Discuss the role of new technologies in the treatment of uterine leiomyomata.
4. Select fertility-preserving treatments for uterine leiomyomas in women desiring fertility.
1. Epidemiologic risk factors
2. Mechanisms of uterine leiomyomas development
3. Indications, benefits and risks, efficacy, and side effects of medical therapy
4. Surgical intervention
5. Uterine artery embolization for symptomatic leiomyomata
6. Latest technologies in the treatment of uterine leiomyomata
7. Fertility-preserving treatments for uterine leiomyomas