Module 1- Introduction: Dr Mayuri Keskar from Medical Learning Hub welcomed everyone to the live event on MedVent: Pandemic Preparedness for Neonatal ICU Feb 22supported by Medtronic. She introduced all the Panelists and Speaker for the event and discussed about the Agenda, general instruction and a brief description about Medical Learning Hub and Medtronic. First Poll was raised.
Module 2- Inaugural Address: Dr Nita George Hon. Secretary ISCCM Kochi City Branch. Welcomed all the speakers, panellist and the attendees. She gave a brief introduction abut ISCCM Kochi and it’s role during the pandemic of COVID-19.
Module 3- Ventilator Settings & Strategies in Neonatal ICU: Dr Perraju Bendapudi He shared about neonatal ventilation- A neonatologist perspective. He aimed to review different modes to achieve ventilation, the physiological difference between neonatal lungs, and the need of ventilation in neonates. The key points discussed by him were:
- Challenges faced while managing neonatal respiratory diseases
- The neonatal lung
- Why not to ventilate mechanically?
- When not to ventilate?
- Ventilator Induced Lung Injury
- Fundamental concept of neonatal lung injury
- Influence of antenatal environment
- Modes of ventilation
- CPAP- Continuous Positive airway Pressure
- Nasal Interface
- Heated Humidified High Flow Nasal Cannula
- Why to use mechanical ventilator?
- Synchronous Ventilatory Modes
- High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation
- Bulk flow ventilation
- Cardiogenic Mixing
- Lung Protection Strategies
Module 4-Care of Sick New-borns During The COVID-19 Pandemic: Dr Nelby George Mathew. He shared his views on COVID in new-borns. The key points discussed by him were:
- Neonatal COVID and mode of transmission
- Classification of COVID-19 infection in neonates
- Asymptomatic illness
- Mild illness
- Management of mild illness
- Moderate illness
- Management of moderate illness
- Severe illness
- Management of severe illness
- Antiviral agents and other drugs
- How to define MIS-N?
- Clinical Presentation
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 investigations and management
- Management of MIS-N
- Intrapartum and postpartum issues
- Neonatal resuscitation
- Do’s and Dost’s
Module 5: Q& A: Several questions were answered by the panellist Dr Nita George and the speakers. Key questions discussed are as follows:
- What would you advise regarding TRIGGER and it's use - in ARDS, HMD v/s non pulmonary indications (HIE etc)
- What can be the most appropriate symptoms of covid 19 baby of below two years of age which can be taken as covid positive symptom
- can we use NTG Nebs as adjunct for ventilating PPHN babies (correlation from adult studies)?
- Any preference of covid vaccine in pregnancy
"Module 6: Vote of Thanks and Post poll: Dr Nita George thanked all the speakers for delivering the insight of their topics, Medical learning hub, Medtronic for their support and all the participants. Post-poll was raised by MLH
We thank Medtronics for making this event possible and we wish you all a great learning experience.
Welcome Note: Dr. Shyam, Chairperson , ISCCM Kochi City Branch
Speaker 1: Ventilator Settings & Strategies in Neonatal ICU: Dr. Perraju Bendapudi, Consultant Neonatologist, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, Kerala, India
Speaker 2: Care of Sick Newborns During The COVID-19 Pandemic: Dr Nelby George Mathew, Consultant Neonatologist, TMM Hospital Thiruvalla
Question and Answer: Panelists
Vote of Thanks: Dr. Nita George, Hon. Secretary ISCCM Kochi City Branch
Date: 26th Feb, Saturday
Time: 06:30-08:00 PM