After clicking "Book Now" and submitting your email address, you will be redirected to the GE Healthcare website for registration and payment. ACOG certificates are available directly from GE Healthcare website after successful course completion.
The course takes you through the current guidelines and recommendations by ACOG and other organizations, it reviews the history, purpose, and timing of carrier screening; and the course also discusses the difference between ethnicity-based versus expanded carrier screening.
After completing this course, you should be able to
1. Explain the history of ethnicity-based carrier screening;
2. List current recommendations for prepregnancy screening; and
3. Evaluate the option of expanded carrier screening.
1. History of carrier screening
2. Purpose and timing of carrier screening
3. Current screening guidelines and recommendations
4. Ethnicity-based versus expanded carrier scanning
5. The future of carrier scanning