After clicking "Book Now" and submitting your email address, you will be redirected to the GE Healthcare website for registration and payment. ACOG certificates are available directly from GE Healthcare website after successful course completion.
Recurrent urinary tract infection (rUTI) can be defined in many ways. For the purposes of this review, rUTI is defined as three or more UTIs treated by a health care professional within 1 year. Diagnosis is primarily based on signs and symptoms, with or without urine dipstick with leukocyte esterase or nitrites.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
1. Prevent recurrent urinary tract infections by understanding antibiotic stewardship.
2. Develop evidence-based strategies to evaluate and treat patients with recurrent UTIs.
3. Communicate effectively with patients about treatment strategies to prevent recurrent UTIs.
1. Definitions and Incidence
2. Risk Factors
3. Diagnosing and Treating Lower Urinary Tract Infections