Medical Learning Hub (MLH) welcomes you to recorded live clinical experience sharing on Topic: "Proven interventions in COVID-19 & Vaccine updates".
What was covered:
Module 1: (00:00:00-00:03:09) Introduction and Poll: Medical Learning Hub team welcome all the participants and panelists. Then a brief introduction about the speakers & sponsors was done by Medical Learning Hub team and structure of webinar was shared with the participants and poll was raised. Module 2: (00:03:10-00:24:47) Proven interventions in COVID-19: Dr. Ravindra M. Mehta, MD, FCCP, Chief of Critical Care, Consultant Pulmonologist/Interventional Pulmonologist and Sleep Disorders Medicine specialist; Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore: Dr Mehta started the session by sharing the overview of his session. Dr Mehta shared his experience about the proven treatment strategies against Sars COVID-2. He explained in detailed about:
• Oxygen therapy and timely hospital care & ICU care
• Anti-inflammatory therapy (Steroids)
• Anti-viral therapy- Remdesivir
• Convalescent plasma therapy
• Tocilizumab Module 3: (00:25:09-00:44:23) Vaccine Updates: Dr. Manoj Singh, Consultant chest and critical care, Apollo hospital Ahmedabad: Dr Manoj started his session by explaining about the vaccines. During the session Dr Manoj covered the following points in detail:
• Introduction and background of vaccines
• Types of vaccines
• Current status on vaccine
• Criteria for introducing vaccine
• Challenges in vaccination Module 4: (00:44:50-01:06:42) Case Presentation: Dr. Vishnu Sharma, M.D Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, Professor and Head, DEPT.of Respiratory Medicine, A.J.Institute of Medical Sciences, Kuntikana, Manglore: Dr Vishnu presented 5 cases of COVID and explained how Remdesivir helped in curing. He also explained about the right time to start the therapy. Module 5: (01:06:49-01:16:34) Question & Answer: Several questions were received during the session related to second wave, plasma therapy, steroids, vaccines and mutants, which were answered by the speakers with panel discussion Module 6: (01:16:34-01:18:30) Poll and Vote of Thanks: Poll was raised at the end and thank you note was shared by Medical learning hub team with all the speakers, participants and Viatris to make this program possible
We thank our sponsors Viatris to make this program possible and we wish you a great learning experience.