Remdesivir, is approved in India for the treatment of suspected or laboratory confirmed incidences of COVID-19 in adults and children hospitalized with severe presentations of the disease.
The COVID-19 disease is relatively new and as this drug has seen significant usage in hospitalized patients, there is a need for clinicians to share their experiences on the topic. Indian Medical Association - Tamil Nadu (IMA TNSB), welcomes doctors to an recorded informative session on "Remdesivir for treatment of COVID-19 patients".
"0.5 CME credit was awarded by TNMC"
During this webinar, our speakers were:
1. Dr. Ravindra Mehta, Chief of Critical Care, Consultant Pulmonologist/Sleep Medicine Specialist, Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore talked about "Remdesivir in COVID19 - Current status and Practical Issues"
2. Dr. Nandagopal Velayuthaswamy, Consultant Pulmonologist, Institute of Lung Care & Research, Hindusthan Hospital, Coimbatore, who described "Clinical experience with different treatment options".
3. Dr. M. N. Sivakumar, Head of Institute of Critical Care Medicine, Royal Care Super Specialty Hospital, Coimbatore, who discussed "Clinical studies, treatment current experience & expectation from the near future".
Our Moderator was:
Dr A. K. Ravi Kumar
Our Hosts for this session were:
1. Dr. C. N. Raja, State President, IMA TNSB
2. Dr. A. K. Ravikumar, Hony. State Secretary, IMA TNSB
We wish you a great learning experience and thank our sponsors Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd. to make this program possible.