After clicking "Book Now" and submitting your email address, you will be redirected to the GE Healthcare website for registration and payment. ACOG certificates are available directly from GE Healthcare website after successful course completion.
For many young women, the obstetrician-gynecologists are the first and primary link to the health system as they reach adulthood. Engaging women early and often leads to primary and secondary prevention and early intervention. The obstetrician-gynecologists are uniquely positioned as allies in the fight against cardiovascular diseases (CVDs).
After completing this course, you should be able to
1. Make recommendations to improve cardiovascular health in patients.
2. Describe the epidemiology and demographics of heart disease in women.
3. Assess and discuss risk factors, including gender differences, that influence cardiovascular disease (CVD) development.
4. Recognize symptoms of acute heart disease in women.
1. Allies in the fight against cardiovascular diseases
2. Cardiovascular disease: A gender and demographic profile
3. Risk factors for cardiovascular disease
4. Modifiable risk factors
5. Life stages and diseases unique to women
6. Awareness and symptoms of acute coronary disease in women
7. Atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk assessment