Dr. Mahendra Narwaria is one of the pioneers of Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery, with the windexealth of more than a d
ecade of experience in the field of Surgical Gastroenterology.
A post-graduate in General Surgery from B J Medical College, Ahmedabad in 1996, he trained in Surgical Gastroenterology at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute (SGPGI), Lucknow.
He is Presently:
- Director: Asian Bariatrics & Cosmetics Pvt. Ltd., Ahmedabad
- President : Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- President : Asian Metabolic Society (AMS)
- Vice President: All India Association of Advancing Research in Obesity (AIAARO)
- President: Association of Ahmedabad Surgeons
- Visiting Faculty: Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education (EISE) Mumbai
- Endosurgery Task Force (Covieden), Sanghai (China)
- Executive Board Member: Indian Association of Surgical gastroenterology (IASG)
- General council Member: International federation for Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- Credentialing committee Member (Asia Pacific Bariatric centres): International federation for Surgery of Obesity (IFSO).
He has been a: (International Faculty)
- 8th World Congress of Obesity Surgery (IFSO-2005), at Maastricht (Netherlands)
- 1st World Congress for Interventional therapies for Type-2 diabetes, New York
- International Conference & Workshop of Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgery, Alor Star, Malaysia.
- Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Society of Asia (ELSA), Hyderabad.