Dr. N KumarasamyInfectious Disease Specialist
- Chief & Director of Infectious Diseases Medical Centre at Voluntary Health Services (VHS) Hospital in Chennai, India.
- Director and Site Leader for the Chennai Antiviral Research and Treatment (CART) Clinical Research Site of US National Institutes of Health
- Clinical Investigator for several on- going clinical research projects with University of California-San Diego, Brown University- Providence , Harvard University-Boston, USA and University of New South Wales/Kirby Institute -Sydney, Australia.
- Clinician and a researcher in Infectious disease with more than 25 yrs of experience and has published more than 400 manuscripts in peer reviewed medical journals.
- Advisor and expert panel member for World Health Organization - ARV Treatment guidelines committee and a Clinical advisor to Clinton Health Access Initiative. Currently he is the Regional Representative for Asia for ACTG/NIH.
- Head of the Department of VHS COVID19 Treatment Centre and also serves in the ICMR National Task Force for COVID19 Clinical Research and Drug Development
Academic Training & Fellowships:
- Graduated in Medicine from Madras Medical College.
- Residency in Medicine at Govt. General Hospital, Chennai.
- Graduate program in Epidemiology and Fellowship in HIV Medicine at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
- Ph.D in Medicine and Infectious Diseases at University of Madras
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Infectious Diseases and Public Health at Brown University, USA
- FRCP –Fellowship in Medicine and Infectious Diseases from the Royal College of Physicians, London, UK
- Visiting Faculty - Brown University, Providence, USA
- Expert panel member- WHO- ARV Treatment guidelines committee
- Faculty - Physician’s training programs in HIV medicine
- General Secretary & Governing Council member – AIDS Society of India (ASI)
- Governing council member-International Infectious Diseases Society
- Organizing Chair of ongoing CART symposium, an annual ART update.
- Advisor to World Health Organization
A full list of published work is available here:
Starts Aug 28, 2020 Ends Nov 29, 2020