Module 1: Introduction : Dr Shubhi from Medical Learning Hub (MLH) welcomed all the participants, speakers and panelists & explained the flow of the event. Also, she presented a brief bio of all speakers. First poll was raised for the participants.
Module 2: Exact approach to diagnose any case of TB with latest investigation and their interpretation (Dr Ameeta Joshi) : She explained about the approach to diagnosis of TB and the highlights of her session are below.
- Sample collection: the type of container.
- Sample collection pulmonary and extrapulmonary TB.
- Lab method: use of a sensitive and specific molecular test.
- Detection of drug resistant /susceptibility: drug resistance testing (DRT) and drug susceptibility test (DST).
- Method of DRT and DST: labs using tests.
- Molecular basis of DR TB: block activity of a drug, block activity of prodrug and produce an activity that binds and destroys the drug.
- Candidate genes are determined to be associated with phenomenon resistance to the listed TB drugs which are classified in two different categories.
- Brief explanation of Method of DRT – Xpert MTB/RIF and its limitations.
- The difference between MTB RIF and Xpert MTB RIF ultra.
- Method of DRT – the details about the TrueNat.
- The difference between TrueNat and GeneXpert. The details about the operational requirements, cost, number of tests per day etc.
- The workflow of Line Probe Assay and its additional information.
- Integrated DR-TB diagnosis and treatment algorithm.
- Whole genome sequencing for TB offers the most comprehensive approach to molecular based DST.
Module 3: Dr. Translating evidence into practice: Case Studies- Programmatic management of Drug Resistance TB (Dr Vikas Oswal)-: He explained the programmatic management of DR-TB and the highlights of his session is as below:
- Integrated diagnostic and treatment algorithm for DR-TB
- Isoniazid mono/poly regimen treatment algorithm
- The dosage of different drugs and the sequence of using replacement drugs.
- Different clinical case presentations were explained along with the diagnosis, investigation, regimen and duration of drugs for treating DR-TB
Module 4: Panel discussion: ADR TB and DRTB management in special situation:
The panel discussion was carried out with eminent panelists like Dr. Varsha Puri, Dr. Jyoti Salve, Dr. Sushant Mane, Dr. Ameeta Joshi, Dr. Kumar Doshi and Dr. Chetan Jain. It was moderated by Dr. Vikas Oswal. Some questions were discussed.
- Which one is recommended between the gene Xpert and LPA in the same patient?
- The explanation on the indeterminate cases when further investigated and probed turn out to be resistant?
- What are the challenges to diagnose the DR-TB in pediatric cases?
- Is the Private public partnership model beneficial to clinician or financial aspect.
- Challenges in clinical practice to treat DR-TB patients.
- How is the patient responding to the first line and second line treatment?
- Several other questions were also answered during the panel discussion.
Module 5: Vote of Thanks: Dr Shubhi from MLH delivered a vote of thanks, thanking all the participating organizations, attendees, speakers and panelists.
We wish you a great learning experience!
Introduction & welcome note
Speaker 1: Exact approach to diagnose any case of TB with latest investigation and their interpretation (Dr Ameeta Joshi)-25 min
Speaker 2: Translating evidence into practice : Case Studies- Programmatic management of Drug Resistance TB (Dr Vikas Oswal)- 25 min
DRTB management in special situation
DRTB in pediatrics
Discussing algorithm & newer drugs
Moderator: Dr Vikas Oswal
Dr Varsha Puri
Dr Jyoti Salve
Dr Sushant Mane
Dr Ameeta Joshi
Dr Kumar Doshi
Dr Chetan Jain