Module 1: Introduction: Dr Shubhi from Medical Learning Hub welcomed all the participants, speakers and panelists explaining the flow of event. First poll was raised for the online participants.
Module 2: Message from Cepheid leadership team: Mr Dheeraj Sood, General Manager, South Asia; Cephied enlightened the participants regarding Akshay Bharat, he believed that DR TB should be made aware and cepheid believes to be a strong partner to deliver care to the patients.
Module 3: Message from Metropolis leadership team: Dr Kirti Chaddha, Chief Scientific Officer, Metropolis Healthcare Limited enlightened the attendees regarding TB Viram app that improves the patient care by a tested algorithm and its benefits with diagnosis, treatment and management of TB patient.
Module 4: Past present & future of TB diagnosis: Dr Niranjan Patil discussed about the future and the innovations about TB diagnosis. Key points of his discussion were:
- Current TB scenarios
- Management of DS TB
- Direct and indirect methods of TB diagnosis
- Traditional culture
- Drug susceptibility testing ( DST)
- Real time DNA PCR
- Line probe assay
- Xpert MTB/Rif Ultra
- Utility of Xpert MTB/ XDR
- Gene Library
- Current use of sequencing in TB
- Whole genome sequencing
Module 5: New Horizon in drug resistance TB diagnosis: Dr Bornali Datta discussed about the new innovations for diagnosis and management of DR TB. Key points of discussion were
- Point of Care Diagnosis
- Utility in Current TB Testing Algorithm- India
- Diagnostics for One of the Oldest Scourges of Humankind
- Need of Ultra
- Xpert® MTB/XDR* Resistance Detection
- Prototype Xpert® MTB/XDR*
- Use of Xpert ® MTB/XDR test and 10-color instruments
- Patient Pathway for Drug Resistance TB in India
Module 6: Panel Discussion: Management of DRTB -- The way forward, further panel discussion was carried out with eminent panelists like Dr Varsha Puri, Dr Radha Munjhe, Dr Vikas Oswal, Dr Camilla Rodrigues, Dr Niranjan Patil and Dr Rohini Kelkar. It was moderated by Dr Bournali Dutta, Some of the questions were:
- Overall management of DRTB patients, and their mitigation
- Once the patient is diagnosed as positive for MTB on CBNAAT, what is the ideal course of action to be adopted towards better patient management ?
- How test and treat model on the same day(in 3 hours) can help combat complicated TB infections?
- What is your view on decentralizing the DRTB management?
Module 7: Vote of Thanks: Mr Colin Rua from Cepheid delivered vote of thanks, thanking all the participating organizations, attendees, speakers and panellist.
We wish you a great learning experience!
- Introduction (5 Min)
- Message from Cepheid leadership team (5 Min)- Mr Dhiraj Sood
- Lamp lighting for TB eradication (10 Min)
Session 1: Past present & future of TB diagnosis: Dr Niranjan Patil (20 Min)
Session 2: New Horizon in drug resistance TB diagnosis: Dr Bornali Datta(20 Min)
Panel Discussion: Management of DRTB -- The way forward (40 Min)
- Dr Varsha Puri
- Dr Radha Munjhe
- Dr Vikas Oswal
- Dr Camilla Rodrigues
- Dr Ameeta Joshi
- Dr Rohini Kelkar
Moderator: Dr Bornali Datta
Vote of thanks (5 Min)